piatok 28. decembra 2012

Please give a costume nomination to Rock of Ages and Men in Black III!

Though I still haven't seen some major contenders (Les Misérables, The Master, Django Unchained,...), I've been thinking about how crowded and strong this year is. You know, it's nothing special that some categories are really strong some years, but this year we can say it about all of them. I will have an extremely hard time to choose five for each category.

Yet, without seeing all of the films I'm planning on to, it would be really difficult for me to choose five nominees for best costume design. When I think of all of the costumes in all of the films I've seen, I would like to nominate all of them. Not just the showy, probable and already predicted ones like Snow White and the Huntsman, Mirror Mirror, or The Hobbit. Not even the showy ones, which are not so much predicted like Dark Shadows, Cloud Atlas, or The Woman in Black. I mean the ones, who are not so showy and therefore they are not predicted. But they are wonderful!

I mean those beautiful normal costumes, which greatly fit to the context of the film and aren't so extravagant, that it will disturb your attention to the film's story. In my opinion, that's the thing The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences should reward. Moonrise Kingdom, Lawless, The Dark Knight Rises, but especially Men in Black III and Rock of Ages. Their costume work is so great and nobody's talking about them regarding to their potential nominees. And that's sad, because if no one gives them a nod, it won't have it and it won't be nominated. It's very rare to nominate Midnight in Paris's art direction.

I just don't know, what I'll do. Even if I think about the films I haven't seen yet. Anna Karenina, Les Misérables, Django Unchained, A Royal Affair, Hitchcock. They all would fill the category and I still haven't seen them.

I know these above-mentioned films have no chance to be nominated. It would just make me extremely happy. Please, the Academy, think about it. At least nominate one of them. Or nominate them for Costume Designers Guild Awards, where there is more space. Please...

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára