nedeľa 2. decembra 2012

Mirror Mirror

There is always a year, when we have two similar films, so called twin films. Just think about The-Illusionist-and-The-Prestige year, or Saving-Private-Ryan-and-The-Thin-Red-Line year. This year those twin films are Mirror Mirror and The Snow White and the Huntsman. The second one I didn't have a chance to see yet, but the first one's review is here.
I have to admit that I wasn't expecting much from Mirror Mirror. I just thought it's gonna be bad and I won't like it, at all. The bigger the film surprised me, while I was watching it. Unexpectedly, it was a very fine fairytale and I really enjoyed it. I have seen much better films from this genre, but I just can't deny that Mirror Mirror has something you just can't resist.
It's not even the story that makes it so likable. It's mostly the directing. Tarsem Singh did a really great job. I can't remember of any this-genre film from recent past that was so well directed. The only blame I have is to the song I believe (in love) that appears in the end of the film. The song itself is very good and nice, but it doesn't absolutely fit into the context of the entire film. It is so disturbing that I can't forgive it easily.
Another person, that makes this film so nice is Julia Roberts. Her performance is funny and very charming and she is the maker of the atmosphere. Though overacting sometimes, her performance is very fine...
The two best thing in the film are the art direction and costume design. I can't even describe it. The costume design is an object of art itself. It's all very colorful and original and it's very enjoyable to watch, just like the art direction.
A makeup is also mention-worthy, because some creations were really well done.
There are not very much visual effects in the film, but they are also very fine a should be mentioned...

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára